153 14th Avenue, Seattle, WA, 98122
Built in 1908 by the Danish Brotherhood, Washington Hall has anchored Seattle’s diverse Squire Park neighborhood in the Central District for more than 100 years. The building has served as a hub for social and cultural activities for a broad ethnic community. In 1973, the Sons of Haiti, an African-American Masonic Lodge, purchased the building and continued the tradition of hosting performing arts, making it the first home of On the Boards. Historic Seattle acquired Washington Hall in 2009, saving it from demolition.