2020 Festival FAQs
How do I get tickets?
- Tickets can be purchased online here! Simply navigate to the film you’re interested in, click buy tickets, and check out! You can print your tickets at home and bring them with you or show your ticket on your mobile device.
- Buy one of our festival passes online here. The festival pass gives you priority access to all films as well as access to the Opening Night Party, and the VIP pass grants more benefits such as early entrance to all films as well as VIP access across events throughout the festival.
- Tickets can be purchased in person during festival hours at our box office in the theater lobbies. Many sessions will sell out online so tickets are not guaranteed to be available for purchase on-site. We recommend buying tickets online in advance.
How much are tickets?
General Admission – $13
Students & Seniors with ID – $11
Festival Pass – $90
VIP Festival Pass – $120
There will also be four FREE screenings held at Northwest Film Forum.
Limited seating available on a first come, first seated basis.
Lines will form as early as 30 min prior to scheduled screening.
- Friday, 2/21, 6:00 p.m.: normal. (Feature Film)
- Friday, 2/21, 8:30 a.m.: WHAT HAUNTS YOU (Shorts Program)
- Saturday, 2/22, 11:00 am: On the Brink (Feature Film)
- Sunday, 2/23, 11:00 p.m.: MASTERING THE CRAFT (Shorts Program)
When do doors open?
Doors open at 6:00 p.m. Thursday night for the Opening Night Film and at 9:00 p.m. for the Opening Night Party. Theaters doors and box office will be open 30 minutes prior to the scheduled time of the first screening of each day at all venues.
What if the screening I want to attend is sold out?
If advance tickets are no longer available, you can line up for rush tickets that will be released at the box office in the theater lobby 5 minutes before showtime. This is highly recommended as space oftentimes will become available. Lines may start forming as early as 15 minutes prior to the screening.
Can I go to the Opening Night Party if I can’t make it to the Opening Night Film, SEADRIFT?
Yes! If you can’t make it to SEADRIFT but want to attend the party, doors for the party at Washington Hall will open at 9:00 pm. You can purchase tickets for just the party at the door or here!
Where is the festival?
This year’s festival will be held across several locations in the Capitol Hill and Central District neighborhoods.
Broadway Performance Hall
1625 Broadway, Seattle
Film screenings, Thursday – Sunday, February 20 – 23
Northwest Film Forum
1515 12th Ave, Seattle
Film screenings, Friday – Sunday, February 21 – 23
153 14th Ave, Seattle
Opening Night Party, Thursday, February 20
912 12th Ave, Seattle
Closing Night Party, Sunday, February 23
For more detailed information, visit the Getting Around page.
Are the theaters ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) accessible?
Northwest Film Forum and Washington Hall are ADA accessible. Broadway Performance Hall has an elevator currently under repair with no clear date set to finish repairs.
Are the films in English?
Most films are in English. There are subtitles for non-English segments in the films.
How do I interact with SAAFF and filmmakers?
We will have panel discussions and Q&As with filmmakers after most screenings. Filmmakers oftentimes make themselves available for discussion in the lobby, and many will be in attendance at the Closing Night Party which is free for all to attend.
Aside from screening films, what else is going on at SAAFF?
We’ll have the lobby open for the duration of the festival, where you’ll find:
- Panels & Workshops
- 2020 Census Registration
- Guest services
- Photo area
- Community resource table with information about Asian American organizations in the Greater Seattle area
Is there food available at the theaters?
Food is not allowed in Broadway Performance Hall. At Northwest Film Forum, there is a concession stand and beer is available for purchase. Many restaurants are within walking distance of the theaters.
Are there discounts at neighboring businesses for festival attendees?
Yes, see us at guest services for the list of businesses offering discounts, or check here.
How can I contact SAAFF?
Find us on social media!
- Twitter.com/seattleaaff (#SAAFF2020)
- Instagram.com/seattleaaff/ (#SAAFF2020)
Email questions to email@example.com, message us on Facebook or @reply us on Twitter. You can also visit us at guest services in the lobby of Broadway Performance Hall during festival hours.