Call For Submissions
We are excited to announce that we are gearing up for the 2018 film festival. We are now open for submissions!
Seattle Asian American Film Festival (SAAFF) is the only film festival in Seattle to provide a space for Asian American voices, perspectives and histories by screening independent films that reflect the diversity and richness of the city’s Asian American community.
SAAFF features works by or about North Americans of Asian descent, with an emphasis on filmmakers from the Pacific Northwest. We accept films of any length and genre that were completed in 2016 or later. The non-refundable fee for entry is $10.00 and films must be submitted for review digitally on Vimeo.com or FilmFreeway’s platform.
Currently held at Broadway Performance Hall and Northwest Film Forum in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood, our 6th annual festival is scheduled for February 22-25, 2018!
Monday, October 31st, 2017
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. A separate entry and entry fee is required for each film submission. However, previous submitters to SAAFF can have their fee waived. For the waiver code, please email us at email@example.com for verification.
2. We accept films of all premiere statuses, including films that already have distribution and/or are available for streaming online.
3. All non-English language films must have English subtitles or no dialogue.
4. All submissions must be digital (link to Vimeo). Please do not send DVDs. No exceptions.
5. Vimeo must be set to allow downloads of the film. Access to the film must not expire until at least December 23rd, 2017.
6. After selection, notification letters and further correspondence will take place via email only.
7. Images from the film’s website or social media properties may be used by SAAFF for publicity purposes for this year’s festival as well as future events.
8. All selected films may be excerpted (up to 2 minutes) for publicity purposes for this year’s festival as well as future events.
9. SAAFF does not pay exhibition fees.
10. Films must have a completion date of no earlier than 2016.
11. Do not submit works in progress.
12. Entry fees will not be refunded.
13. All press kits, publicity info, photos, etc. will be retained as part of the Seattle Asian American Film Festival’s library.
14. It is the responsibility of the filmmaker or submission contact to ensure that all requirements are met. The festival retains the right to disqualify an entry, with no refunded fee, if submission rules are not followed.
15. The festival retains the right to disqualify an entry with no refunded fee if the contact person for a selected film fails to respond to email correspondence from the festival.
All selections will be announced in November. Please no phone calls. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.